In searching for the meanings of particular symbols, there is a vast amount of information for you to digest on any given subject, but very little is definitive. Sometimes, you will see the same symbols used for contradicting meanings. There is no concrete meaning for any tattoo and when it comes to combining these two popular symbols in one, the meaning can have many variations. I will give you some of the meanings behind both individual image.
* Red roses represent the age old saying “I love you” , courage and respect.
* Rosebuds symbolize innocent youth and beauty.
* Red rosebuds=pure & lovely, white rosebuds=girlhood & too young to love.
* Single rose=simplicity and a bouquet signifies gratitude.
* White roses=innocence and purity.
* Red and white roses together, or white roses with red edges, signify unity.
* Pink roses=grace and gentility.
* Deep pink=gratitude and appreciation.
* Light pink=admiration and sympathy.
* Yellow roses=joy and gladness.
* Red and yellow blends=jovial and happy feelings.
* Coral or orange roses=enthusiasm & desire.
* Deep burgundy rose=unconscious beauty.
* Two roses taped, or wired together to form a single stem=an engagement or coming marriage.
KNIFES and DAGGERS
The knife or dagger symbol, blood-letting and death have an ancient connection. It can represent the spilling of blood-the essence of life, which, has a powerful and potent meaning. The sacrificial ceremony with the special sword, dagger, or knife. At a most basic level, the knife or dagger represents Death.
Daggers and knives are a popular choice for Military tattoos because of the weapon symbolism. The symbolism of a knife or dagger tattoo in a military design is very similar to that of a sword. The knife or dagger represents ferocity, and death at the hands of another.